Friday, November 17, 2006

My New Blog World

I have never felt much "use" before for computers! Yes, I could type on them, but e-mail and blogging were just "too much" for me (Vicki). It's so much easier to pick up the phone (especially now with free long distance!). My problem is I can't just talk for a FEW minutes! BUT, now that blogging puts me in closer touch with my Carolina girls and their families and now our old, dear friends, the Sangrees, I have a new "love" for the computer!! Now, the laptop is in my bedroom and every morning after Bruce leaves for work, I go to my "favorites" and check the Ports, Yoders, Sangrees, Addies and Sean's blogs! I used to like to read because I love people and their stories, but now I love reading the stories of the people that I love better! Guess I need to open a Xanga site next so I can keep in touch with the White/Jackson girls and the Johnsons! And what about you Alex, Ryan and Mom & Dad? Where are your blogs? Enter into our "world"!!! (I'm confused- did I just post a comment or a post?) Sorry there is no picture!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never thought I would live to see this day... :)

I love you guys so much and I love to still be part of your everyday life. Combined with all our phone calls (no smart remarks Joe, you called mom a ton when she was visiting me) :), it is like we are almost living near by...

Anonymous said...

That's just weird!

Anonymous said...

Hi Vicky, Welcome to the 2000'S.
Al and I also enjoy reading all the blogs. We check Erin's, Michell'sand all the rest. When is Joe going to start his? Tell Bruice I said hi. Hope we are getting together this christmas.

Christian said...

Wow, was that anonymous comment posted by one of my parents? =) I'm impressed! This is just great! I have really been enjoying keeping up with everyone on the blogs. Wish I had more time to keep up with them, but I try to check them all at least every week.

It really does feel like we're living closer to everyone now that we're sharing pictures, stories, etc. =) Love you all...

Anonymous said...

Hey, hey hey!!!!! I finally found you all by myself! (No help from Al) Is it really the 2000's? I think my callender says 1996 - I reuse old callenders if they start with the right day =) after all I can't make soup with them!
This is great fun! It really brings us all together again!

SES said...

nice, Mom! Actually I think you just put up calenders for the Thomas Kinkade pictures, and if some dates match up, that's just a plus. Anyway, just chiming in. I have to agree that the blogs make me feel much closer to home than I really am.

Christian said...

I'm sure I found bits of calendar in some special recipe pancakes Mom made one time, including potatoes.