Sunday, November 26, 2006

Go, Terps!

What could top Freaky Friday? Mom tailgaiting at a U.M. football game! Yes, Dad & I went "in style" (in a red & white car, with red & white shirts, with red & white Terp flags flapping on the car) to the Terps football game with Ed & Debbie. Ed used to play at Md. (in fact he was All-American and his name is on a big sign on the bleachers). He then went on to play for the L.A. Rams & retired from the Canadian League. SO, he's got season tickets and they are really into it! We had alot of fun. Tailgaiting is another "new world" for me! Out of their trunk came a little "fire pit", coolers, chairs (Terp ones), a table, and crock pots! We had a feast! We had 2 hours to "camp" before the game. I saw canopies & grills, & smelled hamburgers cooking while we sat around our "campfire"! If I had known, I would have brought s'mores! Debbie's son, Josh, comes sometimes and even brings a TV to watch the pregame shows! He has shelves in his truck that pull out, JUST for tailgaiting. Then, their was the game! Cheerleading has certainly changed! 24 girls and 3 guys backflipping and back handspringing all over the side lines! I learned some new dance moves and think I memorized some of the dance team moves! And for you men, there was even a football game to watch! I saw some of it, but there was far too much else to watch! And as I sat there, I said, "Wish I had my camera". Could have posted some pictures! Look what you started, Erin & Chelle!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, this is getting out of hand! :) Mom you are supposed to be sitting home waiting for all us kids to have a problem that we need your help solving. Who is going to answer all our questions if you are off at football games or shopping? Just joking. :) I am so glad you are having fun and getting to do more. You deserve it, that is for sure. But, what is next? A cruise, a trip to Europe? :)

Anonymous said...

Hopefully, trips to North & South Carolina!! I am having fun-BUT I sure like being at home THE best! Especially if all my kids are at home-everyone! And don't forget-I'm only a cell phone call away! It was in my pocket at the game (not that I could have heard it with the roar!) I want to always be here for all of you and make this a haven to come home to (or be at home, if you live here).

Anonymous said...

Hey, we got a small motorhome to visit Sean & C&H when they have the baby. Maybe we could join you at a game sometime - we could even cook on site=) SOUP anyone?