Friday, November 24, 2006
Freaky Black Friday
First I start blogging, now Annah & I are getting up at 4:00 a.m. and hitting the mall & Wal-Mart on Black Friday! Is this what happens in menopause? Blogging began for relational reasons so I guess I can attribute getting up before dawn in the cold, dark and driving 35 minutes to Wal-Mart to try to push my cart through clogged aisles of "incredible deals" with a zillion other crazy ladies (AND men, I might add!) to wanting to see happy faces on Christmas morning! And loving a bargain & a treasure hunt! And what a "hunt" it was! Since when do you find vacuum cleaners in the produce aisle? All kidding aside- I did save a TON of money and for things I was going to buy anyway! (Well, some of them) And if you kids, think I'm going to detail what I bought on here for you to know ahead of time, you're wrong. And no snooping! How DO you hide a theatre sized TV with attached X-box 360? Sure am ahead on my shopping and when you open your mailboxes soon, you'll see what else I'm ahead on!! Do wonders never cease? Maybe it's because for the first time in 29 years, I don't have a toddler in the house (are 5-year olds counted as toddlers?) Next year, I don't plan on even reading the Wal-Mart flier!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Scary!!
Who are you and what have you done with our mother? :)
HA! HA! That's great Mrs. A! Holly and I aren't reading any fliers this year. We're going to skip Christmas and maybe take a cruise with her family next year. =) It's probably our last year in a long, long time to get away with something like this. =)
Post a Comment