Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Last of the CATS!!!


I know it looks like Eddie is such a nice cat, but for the last 6 years here we have had stray cats hanging around our deck! One little litter under our shed that we became mothers to, ended up with Tiger and Elvis as our "pets". Elvis became a "girl" and she multiplied twice! Twice (and $75 later) I have been to the Humane Society to cut down on the population and finally was down to Eddie (a stray kitten Josh tamed) and one of Elvis's kittens. This was to appease Josh, who is a cat fanatic. The kitten was found stiff dead in bed (outside!) recently and we were down to Eddie. Caitie's friend agreed to take Eddie in. She has three warm barns and lots of other cats for Eddie to snuggle up to this winter (Eddie was lonely for Elvis and her kittens!) SO, after 6 years of putting cat food on my deck for cats that belong to the farm next door, and giving in to letting cold cats come in the house to warm up (for days), and Aimee and I sneezing from our allergies while they were here and so on and so on - we are now: FREE of CATS!!! Until.....a helpless, cute little kitten is crying outside my door in the middle of the winter! I'm such a pushover for babies!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww. Aiden and Kyle will miss Eddie. I hope Josh is ok after having to say goodbye.