Saturday, May 12, 2007

HAPPY 75TH BIRTHDAY, GLORIA JEAN



After going through hundreds of old pictures, and finding tons that I could post, thought I would put up a few that I liked that represent my mom the best. The old one above is not really that old-it was just taken at one of those places that make you look old. Not sure when or why it was taken, but I just thought it was a good picture! The other one above was taken at Mom & Dad's surprise 50th Anniversary Party, 6 years ago.
HAD to have a picture of my mom with SOMETHING from Cal Ripken as he is her favorite baseball player (and I think she thinks he's handsome as well!)
This is a picture of Mom with her 3 best friends at Bruce & my wedding. From the left is her cousin Martha, Mom, Mary & Jeannette.
Christmas is one of my mom's favorite holidays and she used to shop, shop and shop for all her grandkids AND kids, wrap all those gifts and loved to watch everyone open them. The basement would be a mess, but we sure had a great time. She always made holidays fun and special and made everyone's favorite foods!

This was the 70's (notice the cars!), and Mom, who loves dogs, had just blessed us with this German Shepherd and I don't know if it's Dawn or King. We had a little dog, too, named Skippy and NOW there's Buddy! Sorry I don't have a picture of him!
1956 or 57-the King Family! Thought you'd like to see my my in her 20's!
My mom loves to have fun and would always dress up for Halloween when she was driving school buses. Here she is with ready for Trick or Treat with Erin, Michelle, Liz, Joe & Ashleigh.



All the grandkids love to sit with Grandmom on the porch swing! Usually they'd sit a while, then ride bikes in the bus driveway. (Don't know where Erin is here unless she's taking the picture)
Thanks Mom, for being a great Mother and Grandmother! Looking forward to spending tomorrow with you and the family. Will miss Erin, Jason, Michelle, Chris, Aiden, Kyle, Allie & Ryleigh! Happy Birthday, Happy Mother's Day! We Love You!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vicki we enjoyed all the old pictures. The one of dad and I was taken in O C. in the 70!s.Wish we could back our age to those pictures. Maybe we could get rid of some of the aches and pains.Enjoyed all of you at Cozy for dinner.

Erin said...

Great pictures Mom! Happy Birthday again G-mom!