As some of you know, we've known the Sangrees since 1992, when Sean was 13. He is a regular commenter on my blog, as well as a wonderful friend to our whole family! Went through ALL my pictures yesterday, Sean, and couldn't find the one of you in the car seat, but found some other crazy ones! These were the ones that remind me of the fun-loving guy we all know and love, eventhough you have grown up to be a respectable lawyer!

I did have these in order from 1992 on, but when I added the new images, they went out of order. This picture was taken in Will & Dana's 1st house, right before they got married 11 years ago so Sean was 17. He found this old wheelchair in the basement. I have a picture of Christian in it, too. Too bad I didn't have a scanner when it was his birthday!

This was the same day and love Sean's goofy look!

I think this was around 1998 or 99, in the living room of our Windy Hill house. This was when Sean was looking nice for the picture!

Back to 1992, when we first met Sean and the Sangrees came to MD to visit. Ashleigh is spinning Sean in the swivel rocker! If you notice the grass stains on his jeans, it's because they had been outside playing and running and sliding in the grass! Maybe he is recovering from running full speed into the clothesline!

Joe Eddy and Sean Eddy working in the kitchen at the Indianapolis Training Center, probably 1995 or so. Joe & Sean, eventhough there were six years difference in age, were great buddies and Joe still considers Sean a great friend!

We used to love to camp out at the Sangree Maple Lawn Farm, down by the stream. I think this was one of those times.

When we moved to PA, we started a tradition with the Sangrees of getting together every Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. Wish I could have found more pictures of those get togethers.

Maybe someone knows the story behind this picture! He is carrying two pots (with the lid on his head) and Erin's purse. He's in the living room at Windy Hill. What was he doing? So, Sean, sorry to take so long to get this up today. Thought you were too busy out there in CA to get on the blogs much, so figured you may not even see it today. Happy Birthday, Sean! Hope you don't have to spend the day all alone! You're a great guy, Sean and love all the memories we have of you! You're always welcome at our house to make more memories (and pictures). Forgot about the X-box war pictures! Oh well!
7 comments:
Wow, thanks for making me feel so special! I told Megan on IM today that I was just going to stay at my computer and keep hitting "refresh" until I got a birthday blog from Mrs. A! =) Those are some really old pictures you have there. Hard to believe I was 17 in some of them!? I must have really liked that green polo shirt, all buttoned up and tucked in too. Absolutely love Joe's bowl cut in the matching outfits pictures (whose bright idea was that? =). Also, I believe the "camping" one was actually on the drive home from Indy in our brown camper van. One of the things I remember best about that trip was having a blast putting scripture verses to song. And I also vaguely remember something about somebody forgetting their deoderant.... I can't believe you remember when I got clotheslined-literally! What a great story and what amazing grass stains on those jeans. Well, thanks again for taking the time to post. I love you guys and some of my best memories growing up are with your family.
Haha! I just noticed that Joe is actually SITTING ON MY KNEE in that matching outfit pictures. How cute- we should definitely blow that one up and display it beside the one from Alex at Joe's wedding.
Oh man, some of those pictures are just scary! (of me, not you Sean) I had forgotten about the wheel chair!! And I can't believe you don't have the one of him waving with those huge glasses on the side of the road. When you find it, you need to make that a seperate post (and the carseat one)! lol I don't think the matching outfits where planned, it just happened. The way I remember it, the story with the purse is we had been out shopping and we had been at the Sangrees early in the day and had a lot to bring home. Sean said he could carry it all, and he did. :)
HOW FUNNY!!! Happy Birthday, Sean! Hope you had a good day and wow, arn't you getting old!! ;) Lots of good times with you guys - great memories!! :)
Hey Sean!
Happy BELATED Birthday! I kind of missed you actual b-day because of finals lol sorry! Anyways, hope you have an awesome day..you and Joe are hilarious in these photos!
We re so grateful to God for allowing our families to meet and become life long friends. All our children agree that getting together with your family over the years was a highlight for all. I too remember some of those great Christmas’. The one that sticks out the most is the one when the men played Risk until 3 am listening to the Gettysburg sound trac. We love you guys and look forward to more times in the future.
Vicki, thank you for blessing others the way you do through your blog. It sure is a blessing to all!
Post a Comment