Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A visit with Ashleigh!

Ashleigh and her roommate, Bridgette from VA. They've got the room fixed up quite homey with curtains & a rug. And now, Ashleigh has her new computer & printer to make it very convenient to do papers & take notes at school.
The new computer all set up! Thanks to Dad for driving all the way up to Elim and setting it up and putting lots of great programs on it for Ash to make her life easier! Now she can check the blogs as her room has Internet access, too!
I would tell you all the names, but I met these girls so quickly that I'm not sure if I have it right. I think from top, left to right it's Elizabeth, Valerie, Ash, & Lindsey. And bottom row, Tashia, & ?. I think they are all freshmen. Ashleigh sure has made alot of friends already! We're so happy for her!
This is for you, Erin & Chelle-the side of the Hollinger's house that we first lived in when we came to Elim. We would drive around the back of the house to the other side and our entrance was over there. Because of the tall hedge out front, we couldn't get that view from the car.

THE BIG M!!-25 years ago, Erin, Chelle & eventually Liz & I would walk down to this grocery store. It JUST went out of business the weekend we were up there, so cherish the final picture! Erin & Michelle would have 2 pennies in their hand on the walk down to the Big M to buy a pretzel rod at the checkout counter! It was a big deal back then!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking a pic of the Big M! I still remember getting those pretzals. Man we were easy to please! I don't remember too much about living in the Hollingers house. But, I do remember something about dropping a whole bunch of pins or needles or something right outside. And I remember hanging out with all the girls in their bedroom. I loved that they let me be in there with them.

Ash looks like she is having fun. Thanks for all the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashleigh! This all brings back such memories for us as well. Hope you have a lifechanging experience like we did. Elim is a great place to grow as well as meet some wonderful new friends. God bless you lots,
Love, Mrs S.

Anonymous said...

I think Ashleigh should start her own blog. All in favor say "I"

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashleigh,
Glad you are liking school. We enjoy seeing you on the blog and the pictures posted. G-mom got home yesterday, but is not feeling to good yet. Would be nice if we could hear from you occasionaly.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the comments! I do love it up here and they definitely keep me busy. I have lots and lots of homework! Love you all

Anonymous said...

Hey, Aguilars! We've been just a little bit busy ourselves blogging and having a baby so I'm having to stay up late to catch up on what's been going on with you. Thanks for the great pictures!

And Happy birthday, Lindsey!

Anonymous said...

Its nice that Ashleigh has a computer now so I can keep track of her. Looks like she is having fun. Talk to you soon Ashleigh...haha.

Anonymous said...

Great idea Mrs Sangree... Ashleigh should start a blog! ;)