Monday, January 08, 2007

More of ELIM!! Missing Ashleigh!

The other view of Ashleigh's room. She has the top bunk-red, white & blue bedspread. Bridgette has more of an oriental bedspread but at least the colors don't clash, and she has curtains for those windows! That's Ash's big closet (half of that is her roommates). It will look real cozy when they are finished with it. At least there was no grungy carpet on the floor-it was hardwood. We need to send her up some wood polish to keep it nice! If you log on again, Ash, we miss you!! Keep thinking you are just at work! Even Josh said how much he missed you and that's surprising because I'm surprised he even noticed you left!!
This is the Student Center beside the Bookstore and across and down from the Admin. Bldg. There is a very important bulletin board in there that posts who is driving home and how many seats they have available to take passengers where they are going. We are hoping Ashleigh can secure a seat each break! But if not, it's not a very long drive and a beautiful one!
This building holds alot of memories for Bruce & I, Erin & Chelle. Liz was too little to remember, but she was born while we lived over the bookstore. The bookstore used to only be on the right half and the snack bar was on the other side. The manager of the store used to call up to our apt. to tell us that little Erin & Chelle sounded like elephants and could I please have them walk quietly!! After that, they played outside alot! The swing set was right behind the building. The same one Christian remembered on the ball field. Didn't show the back window, Erin, but will show you when you come in Feb.
From the bridge in the pictures before, this is at the other end-Elim Gospel Church!
The NEW cafeteria inside the Student Center. Ashleigh is excited about the variety of meals. There is always a salad bar, sandwich bar and a fixings bar with a variety of "fixings", like pasta and toppings, tortillas and toppings, etc. She can have a simple meal or the main meal or even just cereal. With her new running schedule, and diet, she should come home in great shape! (Not that she wasn't already!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed seeing pictures of where Ashleigh is going to school. Showed the first set to G-mom this morning. She also enjoyed seeing them. It is hard to keep her awake for any thing. When Ash gets her computer we can touch base with her. I know Ash will do well in school. She called last eve on her cell phone. Was glad to hear from her. Keep the pictures comming it is the high light of our day.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Vicki!As you know, Elim holds lots of memories for us as well! So glad Ashleigh is now there - I'm sure it'll be quite an experience for her. It would be great for four of us to take a trip up to visit sometime in the future.

Anonymous said...

I remember those swings too. Are they still there? Do they still have camp meeting? Or whatever that was when people camped in that field? I remember that all the kids I played with during that week thought I was so cool cause I lived there! :) Neat to see the Book shop pictures. I remember playing in that little courtyard area all the time. I guess that is because we sounded like elephants upstairs!! lol

Anonymous said...

Yes, they do still have camp meeting every summer, but don't know if the swings are still there. Will have to ask Ash to look.