Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Elim continued

Since so many of our readers have Elim memories, thought I'd post the rest of the pictures that we took. This is for Erin!! Here's the back of the bookstore and the back of our apartment. The upper windows (not the dormer ones) to the left (three of them) were in our kitchen and the girl's bedroom. Erin used to like to look out the windows at the lights of Rochester. Under the bookstore on the bottom floor (which you really can't see well) was where Rich Ribar was working on our car. Erin used to like to go down there and watch and we'd check on him from time to time. He was fixing up an old Volvo we bought and it took months to complete, which is why we were down there alot. Down the bank there, were the swings!
Here's Ashleigh after we're all finished unpacking her room! Notice in the background, Mom & Dad, the mirror on Bridgette's dresser. It's like the one on my old dresser at home years ago! I don't know if Bridgette brought it to Elim or it was there on her dresser, but it's an antique! If you stay in the guest wing at Elim, all the dressers and armoires are antiques, as well! The buildings WERE built in the late 1800's or early 1900's. I'm not real UP on the exact history!
This is the basement of the Student Center. The back wall with the soda machines and picture of palm trees is the Oasis Cafe (or snack bar!). Don't forget, Ashleigh, that you have two free tokens in your Discovery Days pack for the cafe! Around the corner by the soda machines are the computers.
This is the other end of the cafeteria-the different stations for food. There's an extra table set up to the left for the Parent Reception they were having that is not ususally there. Bruce and I ate dinner with Ashleigh Sunday night for $6 each, pretty cheap for a complete smorgasboard! When I went up for Discovery Days with Ash, I stayed in the guest room and ate 3 meals for $25! Good place to go for an inexpensive get-away-weekend!
Another view of the Student Center. I think these chairs are facing the TV. The football game was on when Bruce took this picture and we forgot to tell Ashleigh. She was very concerned that she would miss the Super Bowl. Looks like she'll get to watch it with all the other "guys" at Elim!! There's a pool table in the right back corner and chess! Now Ash will have something to do in her spare time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, things look pretty updated! I am sure Ash will be very happy to hear she can still watch football. :) I had forgotten about watching the Rochester lights! I used to love to do that. I also remember Rich, I thought dad was talking about me marrying him when he told me I needed to marry "rich"! :) Thanks for posting so many pictures mom. It was neat to see everything again. You were only missing one photo, a pic of the "Big M" :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Vicki. Mom and i enjoyed your visit to hosp. today. Was nice of you to take time out on your birthday. Mom always enjoy,s your visits. Hope Eliz. had your dinner ready for you when you got home.
Love,
Dad