E

Erin & Michelle, here are the pictures you requested! You may remember some of them, as not alot has changed since we were there in 1980-1982. This is College Hall, a very old, historical building where Ashleigh will have most of her classes. It's right beside of her dorm, so she doesn't have very far to walk. With the snow & frigid weather there (not right now!), it's a good thing it's so close!

Elim Gospel Church is off to the upper left and if the students want to go to church there, the bridge above leads there. When Bruce was a student there 25 years ago, our garden was just above the pond. There's a fountain that is lit at night in the pond and little lights on the bridge.

This is Ashleigh's side of the room, her desk & dresser. Bridgette is her roommate, from Va. She is on the east wing with 4 other new mid-termers like herself. She met one of the girls when she was there in September, Lindsay, from Altoona, Pa.

This is the back of Ashleigh's dorm, which is also called the Admin. Bldg., because most of the Admin. is on the main floor. This is called the courtyard. The bookstore and Student Center are directly across from this building. The cafeteria is in the Student Center, as well as the computers, lounge and Snack Bar. Ashleigh will probably spend alot of time there!

This is the front of the Admin. Bldg. Ashleigh's room is on the top floor to the right of the picture where the building juts out, about 7 windows back. When it's nice outside, you will see students on the porch and sitting on the lawn. So, she'll come out the far right, bottom door, and walk to her classes to the right of this building, College Hall. I'll post more pictures later. Tried to add more but it didn't work!
7 comments:
Thanks Mom! I think I remember that pond. Elim has a beautiful campus! Looking forward to see the rest of the pics! :)
It all looks the same! I remember all those places. It is crazy to think that Ash is there now. Thanks mom for posting them! Can't wait to see the rest. I hope I can go visit her there one day, it would be neat to go back. Lots of fun memories there.
I just read over the post again and I missed the first time about our garden being above the pond. I remember that garden so well! I remember sitting in it and eating snow peas. :)
I remember snow peas too! :-P
I remember this little ditty that was popular on campus in the 80's. (Dad used to repeat it)
"Going into College Hall,
With my blue blazer and all.
Better not give me a D (demerit)
Mr. RA man!"
He he! Wow, it hasn't changed at all! I wonder if the swingset is still there by the big field! I beat up a kid that was beating up Sean there. =)
Good memories... That little Dittie was sung to Arlo Guthrie's famous song, "Coming into Los Angeles..." Bringin in a couple of keys. Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr. Customs Man."
Hey, thanks for posting those pictures. I remember so many of those buildings. Looks like they added quite a few too. I remember the back of the bookstore from family camp in the summers. It brings back so many memories to see the Tab again, and the courtyard, and so many other places we used to run around in as kids. I wonder if they still have a room under the tab filled entirely with mattresses. We used to love that place.
Post a Comment