Monday, December 11, 2006

Belated Butchering Pictures at Dana & Will's

Last week Megan, Sarah, Aimee and Annah went over to Dana's to help her (and the boys)cut up two deer that Will killed. We took pictures just for this blog! Not totally-we counted it for school and also wanted pictures for portfolios. They cut and ground with Dana's new Bosch grinder attachment. Sure was alot more exciting than Algebra, etc!!
AND for Erin, Michelle, Liz, Dana, Christian, Sean , Al & Al- thought it would bring back old memories of butchering at Maple Lawn Farm! Those were the good old days! Now weren't they exciting post pictures!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, too much information for a girl who has to turn her head or squint really hard (but not too hard so I can still see where I'm going) in the car so as to blind me from seeing roadkill on the side of the road.....Okay, so I have issues, but hopefully you'll love me just the same even if I can't rejoice in your "cutting & grinding" of cute poor little deer that God Himself created to frolic in the wilderness bullet and arrow free.... :)

Christian said...

Wow, yeah, total flashbacks of basement operations at Sleepy Hollow and Maple Lawn Farm! I can't believe the twins and Aimee and Annah are doing that now! How the time does fly. Do y'all remember those nasty rabbits we shot that one Fall? Ew! Man, they smelled so bad I couldn't stay in the basement.

SES said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SES said...

portfolio pictures! good stuff =).
Levels of gross-sounding:
1. "butcher some venison."
2. "cut up two deer he killed"
3. "slice and dice Bambi and friend who were brutally murdered in cold blood while frolicking..."

Anonymous said...

Oh, the good ole butchering days!! I have a picture of all us standing in front of the Sleepy Hollow barn with knives in our hands beside a deer hanging from the rafters. I should post that sometime! lol I remember the rabbit that smelled horrible and also some bird that had a less than pleasant odor. Good times!! :) Sorry Mer that you were so grossed out! Jas hasn't broken you in with all his hunting stories?

Anonymous said...

Little does Jason know that during all of those very detailed hunting stories I was actually tuning him completely out but making sure I was nodding and smiling on cue as though I actually looked like I thought the fact that he shot an arrow right through that big buck's heart was a great accomplishment, all the while saying over and over in my head, "Lord, forgive him, for he knows not what he does....."

Anonymous said...

It does bring back memories, even from Sleepy Hollow =) I could almost smell the meat!