Monday, October 22, 2007
While I Was Out!
While I was at Michelle's picking up the twins, Liz, Matt, Joe, Caitie and Bruce took off our garage doors and began the 2nd stage of the long stages into making the garage into a family room!!!!!!!!!!! This was something I have wanted for a long time and Matt and I made a barter to hopefully get it done before Thanksgiving. Secretly, behind my back (and ususally I have eyes in the back of my head!), Liz planned to undertake the project and surprise me while I was "out"! WAS I EXCITED!!! Anyone who knows me well, knows I LOVE projects done on my house to make it more fun or homey or roomy for my expanding family and friends! SO, to have a project done, when I didn't know about it and to come home and be totally shocked, was GREAT, not to mention WONDERFUL!! Pictures will follow!! I can see out to the driveway now in my new big window that Caitie's Dad donated to the project! THANK YOU ALL (especially Liz ,for thoughtfully thinking it up and probably hammering some and Matt, for being in charge of it all and coming up with so many great ideas and giving up his whole weekend from HIS house project, and Joe, for being Matt's right hand man and giving up his Saturday-but not the fight!- and Caitie, for getting the window and I'm sure, helping in many ways and last, but of course, not least my husband, for running the electric, running out for supplies and being the host and keeping the surprise from leaking out!) And that thanks goes to the rest of you who were whispering (and I didn't hear!) about it, texting and calling and being excited for me and offering lots of good suggestions! Can't wait to have you all sitting in my FINISHED project/room! And if I forgot any thank yous, in my excitement I know I didn't get all the details of who did what, but KNOW that I appreciate you ALL and all your hard work. (And thanks to Caitie's Dad for the window!) P.S. The reason I didn't mention finishing the room in my list of exciting things coming up was because I was keeping it as a surprise for Mom & Dad, Jeff & Debbie for the Christmas party. But I'm too happy to keep it a surprise and I want to show the blog pictures to Erin & Chelle. Will also post pictures later of our 4-day visit to Allie & Adam's house!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Can't wait to see it! Wish we could have been there to help.
Post a Comment