Thursday, October 11, 2007
Off to the Cafe!
Here I am, at 53, working part-time and TEMPORARILY as a waitress! Eagerly offered to help out Cheryl (the owner of Espresso Yourself Cafe in Newport)while the twins were helping Michelle! I thought it wouldn't be too hard to do their job. I've eaten several times at the cafe, know their menu and helped out several times when I've gone to pick up the girls and they weren't ready. Boy was I wrong! Waitressing is HARD work! Not to mention not very profitable (if you work at a little place in a small town). So next time you are at a restaurant, think of that poor underpaid waitress and leave her a nice tip to make her day! (A lot of people leave NO tip). I certainly have a very healthy respect now for waitresses AND for any Mom who has to go to work every day AND still go home and be a wife, mother and housekeeper! THANKS, Bruce again, for NOT making me ever get a job! I really appreciate my job at home more now! Well, I'm off to the cafe soon for 3 more days of waiting on people, getting them drinks, washing dishes, sweeping floors, etc., etc., etc. Kind of sounds like what I do at home, doesn't it? Where's my tips, kids?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
WOW! I can ALMOST picture it!!!Wish I could come get a cup of coffee with my camera. I have to agree that you have already had LOTS of practice serving! Doing it out of love and doing it for hire are two different things. Money sounds so good but serving out of love leaves you more fulfilled. Have fun!
You are right mom, we should have given you tips and big ones too!
My two are keeping me pretty busy... don't know how you did it/do it! Thanks for the comment about the book. I have that book and have read it. I think grace is one of those things we can always keep learning about, depending on what's going on in our lives. That's what's cool about God...keeps on growing us. :) See ya in just a few months!
Post a Comment