For years now, since Liz was in high school, our children ages 11 & up, have been involved in a regional home school volleyball tournament, held spring & fall. This is a semi-annual, all-day sport/social event! Yesterday, it was held 2 hours away, in Downingtown, PA. A new first for me was ONLY Aimee was playing yesterday! For years I've had to jump from game to game to get to see the kids play on different teams, according to their age & skill level. I got to watch ALL of Aimee's games! Her team (below) did great! They ALMOST won and I think they were as good as the 1st & 2nd place team.

Back l. to r.: Jacob K., Kyle F., Nate S., Caleb C., Coach Dan, Cheryl C., Paula B., & Aimee!

Now the day is QUITE the social event for the Moms and kids who don't play! Between games (and even during sometimes!), I get to talk to friends I don't get to see too often. I love it! I wish I had thought earlier to take pictures of people I know Chelle, Liz & Erin would like to see, that they haven't seen in a long time. Our dear, old friends from Md., the B.'s were there and I got one of them. You can't quite see Briana, she's hiding between Tamra & Rick.

Annah with some other dear old friends, Rachel & Becky and Bri from Aimee's drama group.

Annah, Renee & Sarah. Megan, Liz, Joe, Caitie & Bruce had to work:( Erin has been home for the last several tournaments and is in PA now, but yesterday was Jason's TBS Graduation. I know Ashleigh & Chelle would like to be there, too. We all love volleyball! Josh can play next spring! He actually watches some of the games, but mostly is running around the arena with his friends! Even Lindsey now goes off with her friends! There are a gazillion kids there!

Back to the game: Coach Dan giving the kids a serious talk. I enjoyed watching Dan during the games almost as much as the game! He is really into it, gets very excited, jumps up and down, and just full of emotion!

Ethan (beside Aimee) broke his ankle playing soccer, so he didn't get to play. Since it's a co-ed team, there has to be two girls on the court. There are 3, so Aimee, Cheryl & Paula rotated out. This is Aimee during her out time. The boys had to play the WHOLE time since Ethan was injured. And yes, that's Caleb S. in the background!

Sarah was the "water girl" yesterday and gave them their drinks during time-outs!

Sarah got some great action shots! I
tried to get some action shots, too, but ended up with some nice shots of the lines on the court and people with no heads! I think I take after my mom when it comes to taking pictures! That's an Ilgenfritz boy jumping on the blue team! He did back flips when his team did something great!

Sometimes we had to play against friend's teams! The guy with his hands up is Caitie's brother, Ian.

Aimee just served it over (and didn't miss! )

More action shots of Nate. Sorry I didn't get more pictures of other people, but didn't think of it til it was too late! I could have taken one of Bethany if I had thought of it for Chris, or his Mom & Dad. It was an old PAC reunion!
4 comments:
looks like you guys had fun! thanks for all the updates! :) good seeing what you guys are up to! :)
Sorry I missed it Aimee!!
me too! :(
You'll have to let me know when you're in Downingtown, again. I'll quickly drive over from West Chester and watch you cousins play. :)
Post a Comment