Monday, July 30, 2007

I have PICTURES!

The girls came home today from Camp Blue Diamond and told me that Chris I. had 97 photos on his MySpace! So, Aimee, with her great computer skills, "stole" these wonderful pictures of our weekend. Here it is, for all you CBD Lovers! A view of the lake from the bridge! Doesn't it bring back wonderful memories?
A Wonderful new bonus to CBD! A BIG cabin overlooking the lake with a rainproof ceiling! The Hammars rented this for the weekend because Penny's baby is due in 3 weeks!
Here's a bunch of Hammars, Sarah, Annah, Natalee and Rosie I. doing nails around our campfire.
Grace brought a snake up to show us. It's in her hands if you look carefully. For those of you who don't know the Ilgenfritz's, that is John sitting beside Annah.

This is a view of the Cabin from the old cabin they are tearing down, (and rightly so!)
Here's our CBD "home"site. Aimee did a wonderful job with her tarpology! You should have seen her shimmy up that tree to tie it!
Here's Lindsey and Naomi going into our tent. Notice our utensils hanging neatly from the tree! That was a special creation from Annah & I!
The other wonderful creation Annah and I concocted was in the trunk of the car. We wanted to keep all the food safely up off the ground to not entice the raccoons and bears. Plus we wanted a place to put our tea towels and paper towels. So we tied a rope around the trunk lid to hang the towels, and hung the keys from a rope beside the car (if you look carefully, you can see them). Then, you could press the trunk release button and the lid pops open to our neatly organized trunk! We couldn't leave the trunk open all weekend because of the light inside that would drain the battery. That's Jeannie Hammar's son, Nate, in the picture.
Josh had a GREAT time camping, riding bikes and eating marshmallows! At night, he fell asleep long before everyone else!
More pics of the "nail salon". Thanks for the pictures, Chris!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doing nails while camping? That is too funny!

Vicki, that is soooo not fair that you all went camping without us!!! No, really,we sold the camper and I'm not into wilderness camping anymore. :-(

I've been watching "no reserve" campers on ebay (one just sold for $610.!!!) and am hoping to talk my good husband into another adventure. (And trust me, that will take some talking! ;-o) LOL.

You got rain?! Dry as dirt here...

Glad you had a fun... I remember well, and fondly, those good times of yesteryear!

Edda

Erin said...

I want to go! The woods look so soothing! Hopefully we can all go again one day soon.....

Allison Sangree said...

Sounds like you all had a lovely time at CBD. I'm so glad!(Sorry I couldn't make it, but maybe another time). You'll have to tell me all about it when we get together next.
Today is our 21st wedding anniversary, and I expect a post from you with Al with his long hair (like Bruce =) at our wedding.
It was great spending time with you guys at Lake Heron. You've got to see my blog - I just posted pics of our time together!