Erin was 10 when Ashleigh was born and with 8-year old Michelle, 5-year-old Liz and 2-year-old Joe (with his bottle), she was a great "baby doll"! This is a very newborn Ashleigh in their baby doll stroller! I could totally trust them with her as I knew Erin would not let anything happen to her!
Ashleigh's 1st Easter, April 1988, 9 months old. She was such a happy baby! Ashleigh means "happy", and she usually is!
May 1988, Ashleigh did not like sleeping in a crib, but loved snuggling with one of her siblings-this time with Joe!
18 months old with her protective big sister looking on, making sure she doesn't fall off! Aren't they cute!
in Johnson, Ashleigh's childhood best buddy! Kristin used to suck her thumb, so Ashleigh did when she was around. On the back of this picture one of the kids wrote, "Ashleigh and Kristin stucking thumbs"!
Ashleigh has always been a whiz at the computer, even at a very early age!
Ash was a very prissy, girly girl growing up and loved wearing patent lather shoes, lace socks and fancy dresses. I would buy very fancy dresses at yard sales so she could wear them every day! My favorite was her pink "dump" dress! She wore it one day when we went to the dump, it was VERY frilly, and we nicknamed it the "dump" dress! Too bad I don't have a picture of it!
Ashleigh and Ryan were always quite a crazy pair (and still are!). Most pictures of the two are either very silly or very serious! Sarah got in on this one! Love it!
These three could wash dishes at an early age (and look how messy it is!) Don't know how clean they were, but I think they had fun doing it. At least it looks like they are! Look at those adorable smiles! Too bad we can't see Megans!
When we lived next door to G-Mom & G-Dad, Ashleigh loved to go over and visit, AND eat! Even if she had had dinner at our house, she'd go over and have another at G-Moms! I think she got quite pampered! But who could resist her?
I think we have quite a few pictures of people dressed up in this outfit and thought Ashleigh looked too cute! It shows off her sense of humor and fun nature!
If you'll notice the biker behind Ashleigh has on a helmet (think it's Joe) you'll understand why Ashleigh needed one. Since she didn't have one, she improvised! She's quite the character!
To jump now to the present (and pictures available on the computer!), here's Ash and her great buddy from Elim, Jess. Jess wore this shirt alot when she was here!
Thought this was a beautiful picture of Ashleigh and Jess and didn't post it before!
In closing and farewell to Leo, (who left the other day), here's Ash & Megan. Ashleigh has always loved animals and they used to love to go over and pet Leo. We love you Ashleigh and I'm so glad that you weren't "James", because I can't imagine life without you! You are a sparkly addition to our house and a BEAUTIFUL blessing!




8 comments:
Awww, that was really sweet and funny! ;) You do have some great pics of Ashleigh --- she was such a cutie growing up! ;) Happy Birthday, Ash. We love you! Oh, what happened to Joe's eye in that one of him and Ashleigh??
Ashleigh, you're still cute! ;)
Great post Mom! I remember putting Ash in that baby stroller. I also remember the night she was born, I was trying to make the pizza dough and had to get on the counter to roll it out! LOL I should have put that story in my blog... (or was that the twins??)
Nope, you're right! It was the night Ash was born. We were discussing that at the dinner table last night. It was the night of the fireworks at the carnival and I wanted to make it home in time! I didn't!
Oh, and Michelle, I don't remember what happened to Joe.
Thanks Mom! I love all the pictures..and none of them are TOO embarrassing! :)
ASHLEIGH I WAS VERY DISAPOINTED THAT I DIDN,T SEE MY SECRETARYS PICTURE ON THE BLOG.WHAT GREAT MEMORIES OU YOU COMING OVER AND HAVING (DINNAH0)WITH US . HOPE YOU STILL LIKE COLLEGE CHEESE.HAVE YOU SEEN ANY SHERIFFS CARS LATELY?.YOUR BLOGG HAS BROUGHT BACK A LOT OF GOOD MEMORIES.
Happy Birthday Ash! We all missed seeing you the other night.
Post a Comment