Monday, July 30, 2007

Camp Blue Diamond!

How do you post about Camp Blue Diamond without pictures! It's just not the same! But we just got back from 3 days in the wilderness and for those of you who have ever been to CBD, it's nothing great, but the memories are fantastic! I finally figured out that that's why we keep traveling 2 hours to camp there when there's really not much to it but the lake and trees! But I love it! And so do our children! It's the simple life! Sleeping in the woods listening to the birds and bugs, sitting around a campfire chatting to 2:00 am, cooking over a campfire (it always seems to taste better), and no housework, no phone and no TV! I love it until it rains! Aimee was great at tarpology and we had a nice tarp over our food and picnic table, but the tent couldn't take 2 nights of rain. That's the only camping bummer! Next time we'll put our huge tarp over all! OR, one day we'll all stay in the huge, brand new, 15 passenger cabin! But that's not camping! If I'm going to camp, I want to keep it simple. If I want to have a luxury weekend, we stay at the cabin. I still have to say, I love simple pleasures. If only life could be so simple!

2 comments:

Chris and Michelle said...

Blue Diamond will always hold a very special place in my heart!! :)I just LOVE it there!!

Christian said...

Hey, Aguilars! It was really great seeing you last week up at the lake. Wasn't camping but was fun eating over the campfire. Have to agree, it tastes better over a campfire.

Thanks so much for driving up to visit us and hanging out. It was really a great time and we loved seeing you all again.