Friday, October 31, 2008

G-Mom Sally Goes to the Nursing Home

On Oct. 7, Bruce's Mom, Sally, had her hip replaced and spent 2 weeks in the hospital. She is finishing her rehabilitation at the local N. Bloomfield Nursing Home. Went to take a picture of the flowers that Chelle & Chris sent so she could see them before they died, and took a picture of Sally in her wheelchair. She doesn't have to use it anymore, we just sit in it because there's only one chair in her room. She's doing well with a cane and really doesn't even need it. She comes home next Tuesday. The roses in the silver vase are yours, Michelle! Marty & Nancy brought the basket, her Catholic Church friend brought the pumpkin ones and her neighbor brought the other rose.
Lindsey loves to go because the visiting room has cool toys! The residents there are pretty sad
:( One lady in a wheelchair mumbled to me as she pointed to the seat belt on her wheelchair. I said to the nurse, "I think she wants to escape from there!" The nurse said, "Poor choice of words-she was a prisoner in the German concentration camp." Very depressing to see all those poor souls not knowing who they are or where they are. Sally, Jane & Bob are the only "with it" people roaming the halls! We did go to see Heidi & Holly's grandparents there. They are "with it", but they stay in their room most of the time. PLEASE!!!! DON'T SEND ME TO A NURSING HOME! I know I'm getting a little forgetful, but unless I'm totally comatose or not at ALL "with it"-I couldn't stand to be in a nursing home! Sure be glad when Tuesday comes so we can let Sally out!




2 comments:

Erin said...

Grandmom looks good for her age! Why does no one comment on moms blog???

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for taking a pic of the flowers. Glad g-mom is doing better and she'll soon be home! See you guys soon! :)