It's hard to narrow 80 years of someone's life down to a few pictures! But here is a brief view of my Dad's life as seen in the pictures that I have in the tub in my basement!

This is my Dad, Aubrey Glen, back left with his brother, Lewey Keith, and sisters, Barbara Olean on the left and Velma Jean on the right. His Dad, Bennie Hobart, is sitting down. His Mom, Vola Kate, died when she was 65, I think. He grew up in the South, dirt poor, as he always tells us, with only an orange in his stocking for Christmas! But his Dad moved to Md. and became a wealthy Carroll Co. farmer! Now Dad can afford more than an orange in our stockings at Christmas! Dad made sure we had very nice Christmases!

Now here's Dad with his wife, Gloria Jean, (my Mom) and Jeff & Me, probably about 1958.

Now here's the whole clan (except for Erin & Jason, who were in SC). This was their 50th Anniversary. Michelle wasn't married yet, hence no Chris!

Granddad surrounded with all his grandkids! Look how happy he is! Or is that a look of being overwhelmed? However the camera captured it, he does enjoy his grandchildren and great-grandchildren and loves them.

Oh my, the John Deere! I was thrilled to find a picture of it, especially with Erin & Michelle, too! Wanted to get a picture of Dad with all his grandchildren individually, but couldn't find one of Alex, Ryan or Lindsey. When I am blogging, I don't dig too deep, as it takes a long time to hunt, choose, scan, sort and then blog. But I probably have one somewhere, but these were all readily available!

Granddad and his first 3 granddaughters! How sweet!

Granddad and Joe, the first grandSON! Now there are 10 granddaughters, 3 grandsons, 2 great-granddaughters and 3 great-grandsons!

Ashleigh sleeping on Granddad's lap. She probably had just eaten her second dinner over their house!

Annah, Aimee, Megan, Sarah & Ashleigh with Granddad at Erin & Jason's wedding, 1998.

Josh & Granddad, examining Josh's boo-boo! Happy 80th Birthday, Dad and Granddad! You have been a great grandfather to ALL those grandkids! Just look at some of the sample pictures here! I found lots of pictures with you with grandkids on your lap, or playing something or Christmas or Easter pictures! Thanks for all the wonderful memories you have made with your grandchildren! We love you and hope you have 80 more Birthdays! See you on Monday!
4 comments:
Great pictures mom! I love the one of us on the tractor, I have never seen that one before. Hope you had a great day Granddad!
Love the pics!! :) The one of Ashleigh asleep on G-dad lap is too cute! I don't know why, but pics. with Ash always make me smile! :) Happy Birthday Granddad! Love you!!
Loved all those pictures Vicki Jean.
Brings back lots of memories when they were all growing up.
Your dad Aubrey Glen
P,s. The only way i can get my comments to post is check anonymos.
Mom you're becoming a blogger slacker!!! :)
Post a Comment