Wednesday, December 05, 2007

HAPPY 23RD BIRTHDAY, JOSEPH EDWARD!!!

Before the days of routine sonograms, I didn't know I was having a little boy until the dr. made that exciting declaration! After 3 girls in a row, a little boy was simply a refreshing change from dresses, crinolines, tights, hairbows and other girly stuff (not that I don't LOVE that stuff!)and I was DELIGHTED with my new baby, Joe! Not to mention, now Dad had an Aguilar Son! The girls were thrilled, too with their new baby brother! And just look at how adorable and chubby he was! (Not a compliment to a guy now!)
Just love this adorable expression on Joe's face with his sweet little sister, Ashleigh!
Easter with the 3 sisters. Now they had hats and Joe had to have one, too, but this is the only one he had, so we let him wear it! They thought their little brother was just SO sweet (until he started chasing them with guns!)
I chose this picture to remind everyone of the days of Joe in 90 degree weather with his cowboy boots and cowboy shirt buttoned to the top! (Love the look on Liz's face!)
Now Joe has a proper Easter hat and he always dressed for the occasion! If he was a policeman or a cowboy, he wanted to wear the proper uniform! Note the cowboy boots with the Easter outfit! What a cutie!
This is to remind Joe & Ash how sweet and close they were as children, so now when they have their "debates", they can soften a bit! People would ask me if they were twins when I dressed them like this eventhough Joe was quite a bit bigger.
Joe loves the Orioles and G-Mom gave all the kids Oriole shirts! Now we need Joe's favorite football team shirts-Ravens!
This excerpt of Joe's life would not be complete without a picture of Joe, Danny (the Windy Hilll neighbor) & Ashleigh playing Playmobil! I had forts and villages all over my house during those years! They sure had great imaginations and loads of fun! Joe said kids now-a-days need to have more imagination and play like this and I agree!
A good picture of Joe and a smile at Erin's wedding. Have you noticed how many pictures have Ash in them? I did not do this on purpose!
Michelle & I have been talking about our old good friends, the O'Donnells recently and all the fun we used to have together. Mark & Tommy & Joe were good buddies!


Joe prayed for 13 years for a brother! Here they are together. Too big of a gap to play together, but one day when Josh is 20 and Joe is 33, the gap will be close enough for them to be good friends!
Traditional Easter picture with Ryan & Joe and now, Josh.
Joe was a fantastic volleyball player and here he was getting his trophy for one of the junior tournaments with CAVA.
Joe hanging out with Brian, Ash, Liz and Jason! Brian & Joe used to do a lot of things together with Liz, Chris & Chelle.
Funny picture of Camp Blue Diamond and Michelle cutting Joe's hair! Just seemed odd to be getting your hair cut on a camping trip and you don't usually see trees as your typical background picture when you're getting your hair cut! Great memories! Happy Birthday, Joe! Still very glad that God blessed us with you! You are someone I can always talk to and get a very wise answer! With your wisdom and maturity, you will someday be an awesome asset to someone's company! You are a wonderful son-someone I can always count on! We love you, Joe!


5 comments:

Brian and Jen said...

Wow! Leave it to a Mom to dig out every embarassing picture she has of you. But that is why we all love Joe. Thanks for your friendship over the years. You have always been there for me and I hope that someday we will live near to each other again. Brian

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, MOM!! Loved them all! The one picture of Joe and Josh (when Josh was little) looks a lot like Adam. It must be the chubby face!! :) So cute!
Well, Happy Birthday Joe! Wish I had some of those funny pics. to post on my blog. :) You are a great brother and I'm so glad we have you in our family!! Love you lots!!
Chelly

Anonymous said...

Hey Mom,

Thanks for the blog, I thought I already left a comment, but I guess I didn't. The pictures were good, although I think I only remember a small portion of them being taken. Thanks for being my mom... And for you and dad raising me!

Anonymous said...

Good pictures...I like that I was in so many of them, it was like a tribute to me too. :)
Joe,I love looking back and remembering how much fun we had growing up. Those were really good years.

Anonymous said...

p.s that last comment was from me.
Ashleigh