I've known my husband 38 of his 57 years, 33 of them as his wife! Wish I had known him when he was growing up, as the stories his mom tells make him sound like a really special child! It reminds me of how Josh is now, very imaginative , very loving and very sensitive. He was born in Baltimore, Md., in 1950, and lived there until 1962 when they moved to Eldersburg.

1956, 6 years old with his 9-year-old brother, Marty. I can see alot of our children in Bruce's face! Isn't he cute!

Got the order mixed up here because this is 1971, my junior prom, and Bruce is almost 21. Wish I had some pictures between 1956 and 1968!

The highlight of Bruce's high school days was being the star of the South Carroll Cavalier's football team! I can't remember if he was a quarter, half or full back, but he made alot of touchdowns each game which made him the star! I was only in 9th grade, but I knew who he was and never dreamed he'd know who "I" was. But he gave me this picture in high school and on the back of this picture, he wrote to me, "You have been great to know, and I hope we never drift apart. Please never forget me, I will never forget you." And I haven't! (This is 1968 or 1969)

Not sure what he is doing here, but it looks like he's helping train some guys in something. Maybe it's after he ruined his knee and couldn't play football. But this is how I remember my handsome Bruce in high school.

Now that I look at this picture close up, I see a ring on Bruce's finger which means it's after we were married and again in the wrong order, oh well! I always loved this picture of Bruce with a mustache and the eagle above his head looks like wings!

May 4, 1974, Bruce gazing at his wedding ring wondering what he has got himself into!

Bruce with a beard in January, 1980, 30 years old. I think he looks very handsome with a beard, and it sure kept him warm up on those roofs!

In 1980, Bruce, Erin, Michelle and I went to NY to Elim Bible Institue, where Ashleigh is now! It was two of the BEST years of our lives! We loved it there and made many wonderful friends and memories! This is in our first teeny, tiny apt., Erin was 3 and Chelle, 20 months. I wanted a picture of Bruce with each of his children. Here's the first of many! He's a very loving father who thinks his kids are the greatest!

This is some kind of bicentennial event at Elim in the spring of 1982. Erin is 5, Chelle-3 1/2 and Elizabeth is 7 months.

Back home to our first little home on Penn Shop Rd., with Joe in 1985. How proud to have his first son!

In 1987, we moved to Boteler Rd. and had Ashleigh. Here's Bruce in his VanSant shirt with Ash, Chelle and Liz in 1988.

Had to put a picture of Bruce with his Dad and brother! Many interesting conversations were had around that table on Harvest Farm Rd. in Eldersburg! Bruce loved to discuss issues with his dad and misses him since his death in 2002.

1989, Bruce with a twin and I'm pretty sure it's Megan! Didn't find a picture of him holding both of them!

Bruce's SURPRISE 40th birthday party! Now with 7 kids, his hair is turning grey! But it just makes him look more distinguished and wise (which he is!)

Wanted a picture of Bruce with his overalls on! They are authentic redneck ones from Jonesville, Va! Here we are at our good friends, the Johnsons in Coolville, Ohio with Aimee, a twin and Ashleigh to the side in 1993.

Shermansdale, Pa., 1994! Daddy with his new Annah, Aimee and Sarah. Sarah was a frequent visitor to her Daddy's lap!

My handsome husband in his tuxedo! Erin's wedding 1998. That's Sarah, the flower girl.

2000, New Bloomfield, with 2-year old, Josh and 5-year-old Annah and Megan & Sarah's baby dolls.

Our last (sad to say) baby, Lindsey, 2001.

Christmas 2005, Bruce and his NEW ? Not sure if it's the surroundsound the kids gave him or the new TV. He loves the holidays and today is his! Happy Birthday to my best friend, Bruce. You are the perfect husband for me and I'm glad God sent you my way in 1969! Love always, Vicki
6 comments:
Happy Birthday, Mr. A!
Happy Birthday Dad!! We are in CA, so I can not do a picture birthday blog, sorry! Jason, Erin and Kids
Happy Birthday Dad! :) Love you!
Dad is opening a new TV in your last pic! :)
Hey Dad, Happy Birthday! sorry we couldn't be there. love you
Priceless!!!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
I am glad God sent you our way as well.
Post a Comment