Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Vote for #1, #2, #3 or #4!

When posting this, I wrote the information and then added the drawings and I don't know how to switch them around. So the explanation follows the drawings. Below are blueprints of our new living room. Please look them over, noting the positioning of the FP (gas fireplace). Read what I wrote below and then vote in the comment box (just click on "Comment"). If you don't have a blog, you can click on "anonymous" to make a comment and then type in your name. It's very simple. I've been told that some computers don't allow you to make comments!
In these drawings, if you've ever been to my house, you'll be able to figure out the layout. The dining room is where my old living room used to be and we are planning to knock out the wall between the two rooms (just found out it is NOT a bearing wall which will make it a LOT easier!) and since the living room sets a step down, we will need to put steps into the dining room. My plan is to make an elevated platform to extend the dining room a bit to make room for my big table when it has all the leaves in it. Also it will make a great place for the grandchildren to perform!! I can just see them now! What fun!By this point, I was tired of drawing in all the detail, but these are the same as #1 & #2, except for the furniture positioning and the size of the platform.As most of my blogger audience is aware, we are in Stage 4 (or so) of converting the garage into a living room. My main focus is a room for lots of people, conversation, coffee & food. We are putting in a gas fireplace because I have always wanted a fireplace and a wood one is just too expensive and difficult to find the right place due to chimney draw, etc. The Sangrees came over the other night and Allison was VERY helpful in giving me great ideas! Thanks Allison! I am not a good designer-I only know what effect I want to achieve. So, I'm polling the viewing audience to help us choose the most effective location for the fireplace. The reason I am questioning my original design (#2) is because I like the set-up of the furniture now for conversation. I will lose that with design #2, but can still come close to it. After rethinking my plans, I then came up with 3 other designs and would like some feedback as to what would be the BEST location for ambience and heat. Let me know what you think! Looking forward to many visits to our new rooms and lots of chit-chat! So please let me know what you think! (And don't forget American Idol starts tonight at 8:00!)

5 comments:

Erin said...

I still think #2 is the best! Not crazy about the fireplace on the platform. Don't think it would be very cozy. Just my two cents though since you asked! :)

Anonymous said...

This is as exciting as American Idol. My vote is for number 2. Can we vote as many times as possible?

Anonymous said...

Definitely still with #2. Don't forget American Idol again tonight at 8!!
:)

Anonymous said...

I like #1,2 &4... but probably 2 the best! :) Can't wait to see the room all done! :)

Allison Sangree said...

Vicki, you are too funny!
I think you need a few more kids to keep you busy - too much time on your hands =)
I think #2 #2 #2 (does that count as three votes?)
We had such a lovely time with you both on Saturday - It's always great to get together. So sorry we missed all the rest of the family over Christmas though, but it was wonderful getting on the blogs.
Thanks Erin & Michelle for keeping us all up to date - we sure enjoy your posts. We love you all!