Sunday, June 17, 2007

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, DAD!!!

Happy Father's Day, Dad! After digging through mounds of old photos, wanted to find ones of you, Jeff & me, but they must all be at your house. This is the first "father" picture I have of you! I remember how I'd sit on your lap and read or watch TV and a vivid memory of me on your lap was watching "The Wizard of Oz" and hiding when those horrid monkeys showed up! But I felt very safe and protected on your lap! I know I was a stubborn, independent little girl and I appreciate how you loved me anyway and didn't resort to beating the stubbornness out of me! I'm sure you felt like it many times! You trained me to be neat, polite, and hard-working and I'm so grateful for all the lessons I learned from you and the good example you are. Especially now, how you are taking care of Mom and the house, when it's not an easy thing for a man to do. You have many great qualities, Dad and I am glad God chose you to be my Dad. I know you wanted me to work for the government and live with you all my life (no, that's not a black eye I'm looking at here, it's just faded photo), but thank you for letting me fulfill my dream to marry and have tons of kids!
Eventhough Dad was raised by a very hard-working, strict father who never allowed them to play, he made up for it with being silly with the grandkids! Here, one of the girls put their Easter hat on him and he laughed with the rest of us.
1985, with Joe, Liz & Chelle. Don't know where Erin is, but this is what Dad liked-holding some grandchild on his lap.
He would even get down on the floor and play some little girl game!

The twins, Liz and Granddad eating popscicles on Windy Hill that Grandmom probably brought up for a treat!
1998, Dad surrounded by his grandchildren that he loves so much and they love him!
This "card" would not be complete without a traditional Easter picture! Dad with his kids and Bruce and Debbie.
Christmas in the basement-opening all the gifts that G-Dad & G-Mom spoiled us with!
The 50th Anniversary Party with dad surrounded by most (Erin & Jason were in CA, & Chris & Chelle werent' married yet) of his children and grandchildren. Happy Father's Day, Dad! We love you and wish we could all be together!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Vicki for the nice blog you put on just fore me. Brings back lots of memories back when the grand kids were small and i enjoyed every moment of it. Wish every one was closer so we could enjoy those special times together again. I can still rember those times when you sit on my lap and play with your dolls. I always seamed to enjoy little girls when they were about 3 yrs old. Thanks again for the nice blog.

Unknown said...

Vicki, I am amazed at how much you look like the Ashleigh that I remember. I love old photos and memories of those precious children.