Erin said she has checked every morning to see if I posted some pictures of the new trim and tile, so thought I better do this before we do much more in the living room. Didn't get a picture of the baseboard, but if you've seen one, you've seen mine-very basic. Will post a picture of the tiles by the kitchen entrance with the new step when it's done.

The brown part of the window needs to be painted yet. Not much furniture has been moved back til it's ALL done, so will post when that's complete.


This is not finished, but you can see the new bench for the kid's shoes, etc. Have to get the upper shelf with the coat hooks and need the baskets yet for the cubbies. Do you think it would look better with the tall shelves on the other side of the bench? The "bench" is really just the same book shelf you see turned sideways! I have been pricing entry benches and cubbies for baskets and the cheapest one I found was $300! No way was I paying that! OfficeMax had these shelves for $75! Made a perfect, sturdy bench. You can't see the dividers for the baskets because it's too dark, but you get the idea. Also, no baseboard is up yet and the door has to be painted and trim put up there. Going to put up some hidden tube lighting under the upper shelf with coat hooks so the foyer will always be lit (for the girls who work the late shift especially!)

My new foyer tiles! A REAL foyer! Soon this phase will be done! Next-the hearth for the gas stove and the mantle. Then on to phase 12, 13, 14,................................................. My husband says I have way too many ideas and projects! I LOVE change!
4 comments:
It looks great! What a difference the trim makes! Your bookcase idea is a good one and I like the tall one where it is. It all looks so nice and I wish I could see it in person. I like the pattern of the tile. Thanks for taking the pictures for me! :) Love you guys!
Oh it looks so good! I can't wait to come home and see it.
Looks so nice! Thanks for sharing!!! See you all soon!
I'm impressed with my Dad's handy work :-) Looks awesome!
Post a Comment