Our Happy New Year didn't start out so happy this year. Trinity, our 1-year-old puppy, was killed by a car yesterday afternoon. Somehow, and no one is quite sure how yet, she escaped from the house and after visiting her favorite horse across the street, was hit by a car that never even stopped. She was one of the sweetest temperament dogs I've ever known, but very stubborn when it came to coming when called or house breaking. All in all, we all loved her, despite her stubbornness and even I, who was the most upset about her lack of house training was smitten by her big, brown eyes and sweetness and had finally consented to letting her stay (despite all attempts at giving her away). Sally even commented yesterday, "I think Trinity's here to stay". We'll miss those super excited greetings when we come home, watching her and Josh romp through the house, seeing her curled up in her little bed and those big, brown eyes and floppy ears lovingly looking up at you. We won't focus on the negative, but remember the loving addition she was to our home. But please, NO offers for new puppies! Trinity was one of a kind!



Ryleigh and Trinity became great buddies this summer/fall while they were here!
3 comments:
aww, so sorry to hear about Trinity!
I can't bring myself to tell the kids. :(
So sorry to hear about your puppy! Dogs become such a wonderful part of the family so I'm sure this has been difficult for all of you. It doesn't matter how ornery they are, you always miss them when their gone.
Post a Comment