The other day I got this very nice note in the mail from Melody with these pictures of us and Jeff from the 50's! Not sure if Mel was born in 58 or 59, but she moved in our neighborhood and Nanny babysat her from 6 weeks until high school (and even then Mel went to Nanny's after school). Of course, since I was at my grandmothers every day, Melody was like a little sister to me! She was adorable (and still is) and one of the sweetest people you'd ever want to meet! In later years when Nanny was not able to live alone, she went to live with Melody (and Melody became HER babysitter!) Mel was wonderful to my mom, visiting her often at home and in the hospital, making her Bichon embroidered sweatshirts and loving her like a sister. Thanks, Mel for remaining a part of all our lives over the years (and for the pictures and sweet note!)

When I saw this picture, couldn't help but notice how much Jeff looks like Josh!

In my backyard, pushing Mel in what looks like a babydoll stroller (or is Mel so chubby that the stroller just looks small!) How cute she is! If Mom were here, I could ask her if that was my stroller or Mel's. She would remember!

Think this is Mel's bedroom, and I was supposed to be reading to her! Very thoughtful of you to send the pictures, Mel! Been going back in time a lot with memories of Mom!
3 comments:
What great pictures!! Ones I have never seen before! Thanks Mel for sharing them with mom.
Josh looks like Jeff at that age!!!
who is looksatthesethingsweekly??? we would like to know! :)
Post a Comment