Saturday, May 17, 2008

May 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, &16 Birthdays!

May has the most birthdays of people I know! And since there are people reading this blog who would be interested in seeing those people, I am honoring those 7 people with birthdays last week by posting their birthdays here for everyone to see! May 11-our dear old (not in years, but how long we've known her!)friend, Sharon Johnson! We have many, many memories of the Johnson/Aguilar families going back to 1987 when we met. They moved to Ohio in the 90's and unfortunately we don't get to see them very often anymore. But their family holds a dear place in our heart! Here's Sharon when we were camping in Tennessee and I think someone brought those glasses for the kids and Sharon, being a fun, kid-friendly lady, put them on to give us all a laugh!! You are a wonderful lady, who has been a blessing to our family, especially when I needed your help during the "twin" days! Never forget the McKim Family Spoiled Soup Mishap! What would I have done without you! Hope you had a happy 55th? birthday!
May 12-our new welcome addition to our family (soon?), Matt Duvall! Years ago, Liz met this nice Harrisburg fireman, and they've been hanging out ever since! This December, not Christmas, he gave her a spectacular diamond (see the old post)and soon they will be getting married. Matt is a VERY friendly guy who knows everyone in Harrisburg (and beyond!). He knows something about everything and if you need something fixed, he's the guy to call! He's remodeling a charming old house and did most of it himself (with even Liz's help!) Matt is thoughtful and generous and we are glad to have him become a permanent part of our family. Happy 35th Birthday, Matthew! May 12 was also my mom's birthday and I already did a special blog for her on that day.
May 13-Uncle Larrie's 70th birthday! Mom's little brother, by 5 years, just had a surprise birthday party last Saturday night in Libertytown, MD. Bruce, Lindsey, Josh & I went down to see G-Dad, Jeff & Debbie in the afternoon and then went to the party. We were excited to see Larrie's children, Lisa, Kathi, Doug & Monte and their families (or in Monte's case-girlfriend) as Bruce & I spent a lot of time with them when they were younger and Lisa & Kathi were a part of our wedding. Now Lisa & Kathi are reading our blogs (mine, Erin & Chelle's) and keeping up with what's going on. Sure wish you girls lived closer! We SO enjoyed catching up and getting to know you better! I always felt very close to you when we were younger and would love the chance to see you more often-even if it's only once a year! Wish I had taken my camera along to get pictures of you all! Anyway, Larrie is their Dad-a funny, easy-going guy! There were lots of great stories being told about him at the party! My favorite, told by Kathi, was when she was dating this guy and wanted him to come in to meet her Mom & Dad. He didn't want to, because it was late. Kathi told him her parents were laid back and not to feel awkward. When they walked in the house, Larrie was sitting at the kitchen table in his underwear and Jerrie (their mom who died of leukemia years ago)had her false teeth out and was bald due to the chemo! Think he felt awkward! Happy Birthday, Uncle Larrie!
May 14-my adorable niece, Alexandra Nicole King's 24th birthday! This is Alex at 13 with her brother, Ryan (who just had a birthday, May 7th and was 9 in the picture)at Jason & Erin's wedding ten years ago. My kids just love to get together with their cousins, Alex & Ryan! Alex loves holding the baby (whoever has one at the time). Alex just graduated from Towson Univ. last year and works for Howard County in marketing. I think she is very good at what she does! Her mom says she is! She is very good at sports and played lots of them growing up. Right now she has a boyfriend, Paul, who just got back from a year in Iraq. Alex took great care of him while he was there with many, many, many..........care packages sent. I love that my girls love being with Alex! Friends for life! Thanks, Alex! Sorry I didn't post this on THE day! Hope it was a good birthday (with Paul now home!) Hope to see you soon. Wear those emeralds!
May 15-our dear, dear friend since 1992, Sean EDWARD Sangree! Sean was a crazy, fun kid to be around! The picture above is proof of it! Someone bought those huge pants as a birthday joke and Sean and Mark O'Donnell (another great family we have lots of memories with!)both fit into them! Someone has a picture (I thought I did, but can't seem to find it!)of Sean in one of my kid's carseat when he was a teenager! Would love to post THAT one day! We met Sean at our church when we moved to Perry County almost 16 years ago. Our family became great friends and we have tons and tons of memories of great times! We got together every Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve for many years. We went camping, had dinner together, played games, milked goats, went sled riding down their big hill, played in their creek, etc., etc., etc. Sean is a strong, solid guy who stands for what he believes! He's now an assistant District Attorney in California! Miss you Sean, and hope you had a great birthday and didn't wait up for me to post a Birthday Blog for you! Sorry!
May 16-Bruce's Mom, my mother-in-law, Sally's 85th birthday! She doesn't use a computer and doesn't read my blog, but thought Erin, Michelle & Liz would want me to include her in the May birthdays. I sure hope I look as good as she does at 85! She is in remarkable health and still tap dances for us! She moved from Md. to "lower Slabovia" (as she calls Perry Co.), 6 years ago after Bruce's Dad died, to an adorable quad right down the street from us. She came over yesterday for pizza and birthday cake (she never gets pizza!). Happy Birthday, Sally, and to anyone else who reads this whose birthday was last week and I didn't know! Gotta leave those comments if you want me to know you are reading! Otherwise, I can't wish you a Happy Birthday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post mom! Happy Birthday everyone!! :)

Erin said...

That was a lot of work! Birthday blogs take forever! :) Happy Birthday to everyone.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, I remember those glasses! Did I really wear my hair like that? Bruce's mom looks amazing! It's funny how 85 doesn't sound that OLD! My mom's birthday will be on the 24th of May and Carrie's is the 30th. May is a beautiful month to celebrate life. Miss you all!

SES said...

Thanks for your kind wishes Mrs. A! I agree with Erin and Michelle, birthday blogs take a lot of work, and no- I wasn't waiting for one, but it's certainly appreciated! I remember those pants- and the carseat. I miss those good times!

Anonymous said...

Hi Bruce and Vicky. Thanks for the comments on the house building blog. Love the old pictures of our children having so much fun together. Go David Cook!!!! the next American Idol. Will be enlisting the grandchildren to do some serious phoning next week. We'll see.