Saturday, September 08, 2007

HAPPY 18TH BIRTHDAY, MEGAN KATE & SARAH ANNE!!!

I always wanted twins! And 18 years ago today, we were all blessed with Megan & Sarah. From the day we brought them home from the hospital, they have shared most everything in life, beginning with their crib. They are a duo, a team, a double blessing and rarely have they been separated in their 18 years! In fact, I found very little pictures of them individually! They are a special joy, especially watching them interact over the years and how well they get along with each other and their brothers and sisters! Sarah on the left, Megan on the right at one year! They were adorable chubby, identical babies! The only way I could tell them apart in the middle of the night when I fed them, was to pick them each up-Sarah was about a pound heavier than Megan for several months, and then Megan caught right up to her. Sarah was 8 lb, 2 oz. and Megan was 6 lb. 12 oz. at birth. After 18 years, they now weigh about the same (and I won't tell how much that it is!)
I should have put this picture first because it was their first Christmas at 3 1/2 mo. old, everyone's ready for Christmas Eve service.
Love the look on these adorable faces! We have a very funny video of Megan at this age singing on the steps with Sarah shyly running away from the camera! Sarah is on the lt., Megan, rt.
So happy together in their pj's by the fire!
Christmas 1995, age 6, with Ashleigh. So cute at Dana's wedding with Erin & Chelle's bouquets in 1996, age 7 (almost).
One of my favorites as "the guys". I think Megan (in the suit) looks so much like Joe!
Grandmom & Granddad's condo in O.C. , winter of 96, with Aimee, Ashleigh, Liz & Michelle.
1999, age 10 with the Snoke twins!
May 2007, Homeschool Formal. I know I missed alot of years in between, but am trying to keep my BD blogs to 5 pictures each (double for the twins). Now, today they are celebrating with about 22 of their friends at a bowling party and dessert & games here afterwards! Happy Birthday, Megan & Sarah. You are sweet and kind and gentle-natured and we all love being around you! You have been a double blessing! We love you and are glad God sent you to us!

8 comments:

Earl and Gail said...

I enjoy checking out your blogs...Through yours and Erin's and Michelle's, I feel like I know your whole family! They're beautiful! I didn't do a blog for Michelle's shower because I was so busy, but I do have a link to all the photos I took, if you want to have a look!

http://picasaweb.google.com/gailandearl/MIchelleSBabyShower

and videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5mr5xcEbkU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHRSUXuur3U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLxhdVrgM-Y

Earl and Gail said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Earl and Gail said...

that link to the photos is not all showing up. You'll just need to add the "wer" at the end of the word shower to get there.
sorry about that! I keep trying to repost it, but it does the same thing for some reason.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Girls!!! You guys were the cutest babies ever!!! :) And just as cute now! ;) Hope you had fun last night! Love you both!
~Chelly

Erin said...

I LOVE the pic of them where Sarah has her hands behind her head and Megan has her band by her cheek. So adorable! Hope you guys had a fun party. Wish there was going to be a birthday party post with pictures! :(

Anonymous said...

I think you're wrong mom on the frist picture. I think Megan's on the left and Sarah on the right. :)

Vicki & Bruce said...

You're right, Liz! Sarah is on the left and Megan on the right!

Vicki & Bruce said...

I MEAN Megan IS on the left and Sarah on the right. Liz is right and I was confused again!