Thursday, September 20, 2007
"Around Robin Hood's Barn"
Today there was a generation gap of communication between Aimee, Annah, their friend, Renee, and me. We were driving home from picking up Renee, and after sitting for hours (it seemed) on the way to Renee's house, waiting for the little flag lady to let our stream of cars go through (they're paving Rt. 34), I decided to take a detour home through a very round- about -route. So I said to the girls, "we're going to go home a different way, around Robin Hood's barn". After driving for about 5 minutes along the back roads of Perry County, Renee says "have we passed Robin Hood's barn yet?" Aimee told me later, she, too was looking for different barns thinking one of them had to be Robin Hoods! And we don't even know a Robin Hood! Needless to say, I had to explain to them that in my generation, that meant going way out of your way to get somewhere.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
So cute! ;)
That is funny! I am sure my kids would have been jumping up and down in excitment thinking they were going to see "Robin Hood's" barn. Don't say that around them or you will have major disappointment. :)
Post a Comment