Today, when I began to look through all the pictures of Erin that were in my albums (usually I have been looking through a huge container of separated pictures of each child), I found pictures I haven't seen in a while and I thought I would share them with all of you. This is a small tribute to Erin, who was my "right-hand" girl, making my life easier, remembering what I would forget and HELPING me through all the babies that were to follow after she was born (except for Michelle-because you were too little!). As I thought back over the years and looked at hundreds of pictures, I was once again amazed at how selfless Erin is and was, even as a young girl. She always wanted to help, she took on responsibilities with a great attitude and she DID things without me having to ask her to! She was truly a leader and all her sisters and Joe followed her (sometimes NOT too willingly, but they did!) How would I have made it without her! Erin, I can never thank you enough for the countless hours you babysat, toddlersat, kidsat and teenagesat, cooked, baked, cleaned, cleaned and cleaned some more! Here is a SMALL tribute to your life:

Erin's first professional picture at 2 months-a little chubby!

May, 1977, Woodbine, Md., after Erin's Christening. I was 23 and Bruce was 26.

Grandmom & Granddad King with their 1st grandchild! They were thrilled and very much a part of Erin's life!

Halloween, 1977, at G-Mom's house. That was my bridal veil she had on and the dress was an antique tablecloth I made into her "costume". A gorgeous bride even at 7 months old!

I loved Erin in Oshkosh overalls! Here she is 1 yr. old, just walking. How adorable!

Now to skip several years! This is probably the beginning of 1992. This next group of pictures shows Erin and several ways she helped. Now here she is quilting one of the bedspreads I made for Michelle and Erin's bedroom. Sewing was never Erin's "thing", and as you can see she really wasn't too thrilled about quilting!

Mowing the lawn with G-Dad's tractor! Helping and probably glad to get outside and be alone for a while!

Roller skating AND holding one of the twins (Sarah, I think).

Decorating our Christmas tree. See her helpers? Michelle was really helping, but I doubt that Megan & Sarah were of too much help at that age!

When we went camping at Camp Blue Diamond, Erin helped get all the towels, kids, shoes & picnic stuff back to the car to take back to the campsite. Now if we go back there to camp, I can help her with their towels, kids, shoes and stuff!

Get those kids together for a funny Christmas picture, Erin!

Erin made this cake for Easter one year!

Now for those of you who think Erin didn't get to have any fun, here's Erin with Jesse Johnson & Joe acting silly at the Johnson farm! I could have put up LOTS of silly pictures of Erin, but didn't want to embarass her too much!

One of our many get togethers with the Ports growing up! Notice Jason & Erin are sitting together! I think this is about 1991, Erin's 14 & Jason's about 16.

When Jason was in Parris Island at boot camp, his Dad, Bruce, Erin & Joe went down to graduation! Here they are after graduation! A fine young man for my fine young lady! Oh, the great memories! Thinking of them and you today, Erin! How I wish we could be with you and honor the truly great woman you have become, the caring, loving girl that you were, and the first beautiful baby that we had! May you know how truly grateful we are that God gave you to all of us! Happy Birthday! Love, Mom, Dad, Liz, Joe, Megan, Sarah, Aimee, Annah (she can say it in person!), Josh & Lindsey
11 comments:
Great job Vicki on Erin March 3-surd birthday. Hope G-mom will get to see them soon. She always enjoys all the blogs. I looked up on the computer to see the cost of her new pill Revatio.($10.62 per pill)x 3 =31.86 per day.Hope Ins. approves the cost. I really enjoyed looking through the latest of your blogging.See you Wed.
Thanks mom!! Man, I really didn't care about how I looked back then did I? Yikes. I think you should have just stuck to the baby pictures. lol But, thanks for the nice things you said and for the birtday wishes!
Wow...I can't believe how young Jesse looks in that picture! I also got a good laugh over the rollerskating picture. I am pretty sure that Carrie and Lawren are right in front of Erin. It's fun to see how people change over the years ;) Happy Birthday Erin!
Happy Birthday Erin! :)
Great pictures, mom! :) Good Job! :) I love looking at all the old pics, so many great memories! :) See you guys in a few weeks! :)
Lots of love,
Chelly
Do G-mom and G-dad still have the same floor in their kitchen from when Erin was 1????
Somehow I don't think rollarskating and carrying a baby is safe, but that's just me.
The baby pics look really old, but nothing looks quite as dated as the shirt/sweather/thingy you're wearing in the quilting picture Erin! I had to do look twice to confirm it wasn't part of the project you were working on... Happy Birthday =)
Haha, my ear made it into one of those... and gotta love the one of Lawren roller-skating!
Hey Sean... Shhh... she still wears that sweater. Just thought I'd give you the heads up.
Joe, I wouldn't start that war if I were you!
You forgot to put Ashleigh's name when you signed it from all of you!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIN!
You're a wonderful young lady whom I think very highly of,and you've been such a blessing to our family as well.
Looking forward to you all moving closer to Harrisburg again.
God bless you loads!!
The Sangrees (Al & Al)
Post a Comment