Birthdays are a great time to reflect on the life of the "birthday person", in this case, Chris. I've only known Chris & the Yoders for 16 years and if you are good at math, you'll notice that he was 13 years old when we first met his family. The first time the Yoders invited us over to their house from church for dinner, Chris & Brian told their parents how boring a day it was going to be because we had mostly girls and how boring is that to a 13 year old boy! Anyway, they all had a great time riding dirt bikes and roasting sausages over the fire. Apparently the comment was made after we left something like "they didn't act like girls!" Now Chris could probably tell you a better rendition of that story, but I'm telling it like I remember. That began the friendship of the Yoder family with ours and many sausage roasting, hamburger grilling, trampoline jumping, squirrel hunting, camping days were to follow. I guess I don't have to tell you the rest of the story! The first picture below shows our two families roasting something over the fire at our Windy Hill house in Shermansdale, sitting on stumps and logs that the Yoder men specially made for our family, complete with names engraved! They also brought over the huge rocks that are around the fire! Great, great memories, Chris! I can't expound on Chris's pre-adolescent days because I didn't know him then, but we have always loved having Chris around. He is polite, wise, humorous, hard-working, thoughtful, kind & caring-just to mention a few!

As I said before, the Yoders visited us many times over the years and here is one visit with Chris looking at picture albums, checking us out to see if he wants to get involved in a family like ours! LOL!

This was a game night and I think we were playing Guesstures (sp?). Chris is apparently trying to get someone to guess what he is describing.

The Yoders introduced our family to Camp Blue Diamond
years ago! Many, many camping trips were made with them and others! Here is one visit, sitting on a log by the beach.

Not quite sure what was being played here, but it looks like dice in the middle of the table. Michelle must have been taking the picture. I'm
sure she was there somewhere!

Another game of Dutch Blitz at the picnic pavillion.

Thanksgiving 2003. Chris is having a humorous conversation with someone!

We had a family Father's Day picnic one year at Gettysburg. That's Chris with the big rock on his head. Did I mention how strong he is?

Christmas at G-Mom/G-Dad Kings! I know Michelle was yawning and it's not the greatest picture of her-sorry, Chelle!

Chris's new vest from the Kings!

Chris loves his Chelle (and his Allie & Adam) and we are so glad to have him in our family!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHRIS! Thanks for being a man who stands for what he believes! Thanks for being willing to go to Iraq and be responsible for all those guys. We'll be praying for you and will send you Middlesworth Potato Chips! Love, the Aguilars
4 comments:
Happy Birthday, Chris!!!
Thanks for all the Birthday greetings. Nice pics, but I don't think they offer any justice for my beautiful wife or that "gremlin" clutching my chin.
Great pics mom. Love that one of him looking at our photo albums. lol That was a LONG time ago!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS!
Blessings from the Sangrees.
(Al & Al)
Post a Comment